SkinCoLAB Notice of Privacy Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. Please reach out to Skin CoLAB if you would like to read full Notice of Privacy Practices.
Understanding Your Health Record/Information:
This notice describes the practices of Skin CoLAB and its staff (collectively, "Practice"), and that of any physician or provider with staff privileges with respect to your protected health information created while you are a patient at Practice.
Practice, physicians with staff privileges and personnel authorized to have access to your medical chart are subject to this notice. In addition, Practice and physicians with staff privileges may share medical information with each other for treatment, payment or health care operations described in this notice.
We create a record of the care and services you receive at Practice. We understand that medical information about you and your health is personal. We are committed to protecting medical information about you. This notice applies to all the records of your care at Practice.
This notice will tell you about the ways in which we may use and disclose medical information about you. It also describes your rights and certain obligations we have regarding the use and disclosure of medical information.
Your Health Information Rights:
Although your health record is the physical property of Practice, the information belongs to you. You have the right to:
• Request a restriction on certain uses and disclosures of your information for treatment, payment and health care operations, and as to disclosures permitted to persons, including family members involved with your care and as provided by law. However, we are not required by law to agree to a requested restriction, unless the request relates to a restriction on disclosures to your health insurer regarding health care items or services for which you have paid out of pocket and in full;
• Obtain a paper copy of this notice of information practices;
• Inspect and request a copy of your health record as provided by law;
• Request that we amend your health record as provided by law. We will notify you if we are unable to grant your request to amend your health record;
• Obtain an accounting of disclosures of your health information as provided by law; and
• Request communication of your health information by alternative means or at alternative locations.
We will accommodate reasonable requests.
You may exercise your rights set forth in this notice by providing a written request to:
Skin CoLAB 460 Ada Drive SE Suite 140 Ada, Michigan 49301.
In addition to the responsibilities set forth above, we are also required to:
• Maintain the privacy of your health information;
• Subject to certain exceptions under the law, provide notice of any unauthorized acquisition, access, use or disclosure of your protected health information, to the extent it was not otherwise secured;
• Provide you with a notice as to our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to information we maintain about you;
• Abide by the terms of this notice; and
• Notify you if we are unable to agree to a requested restriction on certain uses and disclosures.
We reserve the right to change our practices and to make the new provisions effective for all protected health information we maintain, including information created or received before the change. Should our information practices change, we are not required to notify you, but we will have the revised notice available upon your request at Practice.