top of page
Search

80/20 Rule for Your Best Skin

Updated: Jan 26


Skincare regimens are vital to your skin health. In office treatments make up 20% of skin health but the other 80% makes up for how you care for your skin at home. Finding and creating a regimen that works with your skin is a process that takes time, but we are here to help!  Check out our 7 pro tips for skin success!
1. Know Your Skin Type 

Understanding and creating a regimen to your specific skin is a journey not a race. Environmental factors, hormones, wellbeing, lifestyle, diet can all affect our skin health. Being attuned to all these factors helps to fine tune your skin decisions. A consolation with our aesthetician Andrea can help you understand your skin and create a routine specifically for you and your body’s rhythm! Book here!  


2. Hydration is Key 

Drinking water is not only good for your body but your skin too! The recommended amount is 8 cups per day. Keeping up on your hydration is easy when your water bottle is cute, peak the cute new Bink water bottles we have in a SkinCoLAB! 


3. SPF All Day, Every Day 

Yes, you heard it right sunscreen everyday even in the winter is essential to a solid skincare regimen. We have a whole blog posted dedicated to the importance of sunscreen here! Check it out! A fan favorite is Sorella’s Quench & Protect Hydrating SPF. This is a great sunscreen addition in the winter with all its hydrating qualities! Find this SPF and many more at SkinCoLAB! 


4. Exfoliation 

This step is a forgotten hero! Exfoliating with Alastin ReSURFACE  Skin Polish, ZO Exfoliating Polish or SkinBetter Science Detoxify Scrub Mask 1-3 times a week can change your overall texture and brightness of your skin by removing those dead skin cells.   


5. ABM! Always be Moisturizing!  

In the winter more than ever hydration is beyond important. Everyone has differing needs of hydration depending on your skin type (dry, oily, combination, sensitive, acne prone) and preferences (oil based or crème based)! We have a moisturizer catered to your specific needs. Stop by and one of our team can help find your perfect match!  


6. Routine Facials  

A routine checkup is a great way to make sure your skincare routine and skin health are maximized. These can happen every 4-8 weeks or seasonally as the weather can affect our skin. Andrea is happy to help you care for your skin in every stage and season!


7. Consistency is Key 

If all else fails, keep up the consistency! Even the simplest regimen can have a big impact when it is done on a regular basis. Your skin will thank you later!  

 

25 views0 comments

Comments


bottom of page